Eligibility and Limitations:
• Winners must be 19 or older to be eligible.
• No purchase necessary for participation.
• A contestant cannot have won a prize with a value over $500 from Hollman Media, LLC (“Hollman”, also D.B.A. “Kearney App” as well as “Nebraska Treasure HuntTM”) in the past 6 months.
• Contestants are limited to winning no more than two prizes, where the value of each prize is $100 or greater.
• Employees of Hollman Media, LLC, Nebraska Treasure HuntTM participating sponsors, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to win any prizes of value, unless it is determined conclusively by Hollman that no unfair advantage existed by being such person. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
Dates, Duration, Format:
Contest begins Wednesday September 16, 2015 and continues until the “Grand Prize Treasure Token” is found and returned to Hollman Media, LLC offices located at 2430 Cherry Ave Kearney, NE 68847. New Hunts will be published through September 26, 2015.
• Each day, or sometimes every other day, a new “Hunt” will be announced on the website nebraskatreasurehunt.com as well as within the Kearney App. Hollman reserves the right to publish this announcement first through the local media (NTV), as well as online through any web page that Hollman administers or with whom Hollman partners.
• It is not required that contestants use the Kearney App to find Tokens, however, it is required to use the Kearney App to redeem Bonus Tokens for Points. The app is free. Contestants should make sure they have downloaded the latest version for their Apple or Android mobile device if they choose to use the Kearney App.
• Each Hunt will have a starting Location that will be published when it begins. The Location could be a physical location or a virtual location, such as a website.
• Each Hunt will have a “Chapter” published that makes up part of the overall storyline. The Chapter my contain clues that the contestant can use to his/her advantage.
• Each Hunt will have a “Mission” published with it. This is information that will tell contestants what they should do to try to find a Treasure Token or a Bonus Token associated with that Hunt.
• Each Hunt will have one or more “Rewards” associated with it that will also be published. Rewards may be Points associated Bonus Tokens or they may be prizes of value associated with Treasure Tokens.
• Additional “Clues” may also be published with each Hunt.
• Contestants should follow directions published in the Mission and also try to piece together additional clues (both published and unpublished) to find Treasure Tokens and Bonus Tokens. Each Treasure Token is redeemable one time by one person for one pre-determined prize valued at approximately $100. Each Bonus Token is redeemable one time by one person, with the number of Points to be published prior to its Hunt. One Grand Prize Treasure Token is redeemable one time by one person for $2,000 from Hollman.
• Additional opportunities to earn Points without redeeming Bonus Tokens will also be made available throughout the Nebraska Treasure HuntTM As an example, Hollman may make codes available to people attending certain free events; these codes could then be entered into the Kearney App for Nebraska Treasure HuntTM Points.
• Bonus Tokens must be redeemed through a Kearney App Rewards account by using the Kearney App and clicking on Rewards, and then Earn Points. A survey will ask the contestant to enter the code found on the token to automatically redeem the points.
• Existing “Kearney App” points will not be counted for this contest; Nebraska Treasure HuntTM will be tracked separately and will be the only official Points used for this contest. The Kearney App will automatically distinguish the difference.
• Treasure Tokens and the Grand Prize Treasure Token should be redeemed by filling out the redemption form located on the nebraskatreasurehunt.com website. Hollman will arrange with the eligible contestant an exchange of the token for the prize it represents, during normal business hours.
• The publishing time for each Hunt may vary from day to day. The placement time of the tokens may vary from day to day as well.
• The winner of each Treasure Token, Bonus Token, and Grand Prize Treasure Token is the first person to successfully redeem the token using the appropriate method already described.
• Each Treasure Token and the Grand Prize Treasure Token is considered not found and the contest still active until it is returned to and in possession of Hollman. Bonus Tokens, which are worth Points, are only redeemable through September 27th, 2015.
• One additional $500 prize (“Top Points Earner”) will be awarded to one of the top 10 contestants as determined by total number of Nebraska Treasure HuntTM Points redeemed. The current Top 10 Points earners can be followed in real time at nebraskatreasurehunt.com. The winner of this prize will be randomly selected from one of the Top 10 leaders on approximately September 28th, 2015.
All Tokens will be hidden on public property unless explicitly stated, in writing, upon publication of the Hunt for which they belong. Any contestant who trespasses or damages any property public or private during the search for Tokens will be automatically disqualified and all prizes forfeited. As a general guide, suitable locations for a Token might include:
• Hiding places that are similar to where one might find a geocache.
• Public property.
• In or very near Kearney.
• Near a public trail.
• Somewhere in a park.
• A museum or public building, but nowhere that would require entry fees or that could lead to damage or removal of property.
As a general guide, tokens will likely NOT be hidden:
• Buried in the ground, although they may be lightly covered and hidden with vegetation or other similar masking materials, similar to how one might expect to find a geocache.
• Places that require special skill, equipment, risk, or that pose the potential to damage property. This includes, but is not limited to high up in a tree or on a structure, on the side of a cliff or dangerously close to running water, in water, the middle of the street, inside a wall, under a heavy boulder, in the middle of a manicured flower bed that could be damaged by foot traffic, other similar places.
All persons searching for Tokens will be considered contestants, and will hold Hollman Media, LLC, its sponsors, and the property owners where the Tokens are hidden free from any liability of any damage to person or property arising from participation in Nebraska Treasure HuntTM promotional contest.
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from Hollman within thirty (30) days of the contest end date, unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Certain prizes may be date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. Hollman Media, LLC disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivered, loss, or failure in the delivery of any prize requested to be sent by mail. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, Hollman Media, LLC reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
Use of Personal Information. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant Hollman Media, LLC exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that Hollman Media, LLC may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes..
Conduct and Decisions:
• By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Hollman Media, LLC personnel.
• Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.
• Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited.
• Hollman Media, LLC will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest
• Hollman Media, LLC’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final.
• If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Hollman Media, LLC, Hollman Media, LLC reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Hollman Media, LLC deems appropriate.
• Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Hollman Media, LLC reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Hollman Media, LLC may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
• All decisions will be made by Hollman Media, LLC and are final.
Changes or Modifications:
Changes or modifications to contest rules will be published at nebraskatreasurehunt.com prior to becoming effective.